If you want to change your mobile IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) then you come to the right place. All smartphones have a unique tracking ID called the IMEI number. Most people don’t know to change this unique ID. In this article, we are going to show you, how to change IMEI number of Android and iPhone?
Before we show you the methods you have to know about it because it is a bad idea to change IMEI no and device ID of any smartphone. Changing IMEI no has many advantages and disadvantages also. We all know that IMEI number helps us to track the device location, If you lost your mobile or anyone steals it then IMEI no helps you to find your device easily. But once you change your device IMEI number, serial number, device ID you can’t track your device anymore. So you have to decide before you change the IMEI number of your device.
How to Change IMEI Number Permanently
There are so many ways to change the IMEI number on the Internet today. But here we so the best and easy methods to change it. But before you change it you should know the advantages and disadvantages first. Let’s check the methods here we have given below.
Change IMEI Number of Android Devices
1st Method: [ Without Root and Easiest Method]
- At first, Open the dial pad on your smartphone.
- Then dial *#7465625# or *#*#3646633#*#*.
- Now click on the connectivity option.
- Then you can see the CDS information, click on it.
- After that, you have to choose the Radio Information to continue the changing process.
- For your dual SIM, you will get two options IMEI_1 and IMEI_2, so select anyone you want to change.
- Now change your IMEI no given below,
AT+EGMR = 1,7,”IMEI_1″ and AT+EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2″
- Now simply replace anyone with your desired number.
- At last, click on the SEND button to save it.
2nd Method: Change IMEI Number with Root
Change IMEI Using Xposed Installer APK
- At first, root your smartphone with any suitable app which can root your Android easily.
To find a suitable Root app you should follow this: Top 10 Best Rooting App For Android
- Then you have to download and install the Xposed Installer APK.
- Now open the app on your phone.
- Then you can see Front Changer and IMEI Changer option. Click on the IMEI Changer option.
- Now you see the current IMEI Number, so change it by giving the new one you desire.
- Then you can see the box labeled “New IMEI Number”.
- At last, click on the Save changes button.
Change IMEI Number Using Applications
- First, root your Android smartphone with rooting apps.
- Then search on the Google Play Store for the best application.
Here we collect the best one for you: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.edgedevstudio.imei_toolbox&hl=en_IN
- Now back up your device then open and follow the instruction given on the app.
- Then you can see your current IMEI number, now enter the new number.
- At last, you have to all factory reset then the new IMEI number will replace.
Change IMEI Number of iPhone using PC
- At first, Open the dial pad and dial #06#.
- Then you can see your current IMEI number, Note it.
- Now download the ZiPhone tool for your PC.
- Then extract the folder on your PC.
- Now hold power and sleep button to boot your iPhone into recovery mode.
- Then connect your iPhone with PC.
- After that, open the ZiPhone folder and press shift+right click of your mouse to open the command window.
- Now you have to type “Ziphone” in the command window and press enter.
- Again type “Ziphone -u -i a(new 15 digit IMEI number)” and press enter.
- Finally, your IMEI number saved, you can check it by dialing #06#.
How to change Device ID
You can also change device ID of your Android smartphone. You can change it both root and without root. Here we show the both methods below. So take a look at these two easy methods.
Change Device ID without Root
- At first, root your Android smartphone with any rooting app.
- Then download any Device ID changer from Google Play Store.
- Now install it.
- Then follow the instructions of the app.
- In the process, you can see your current Device ID. Simply change it.
- At last, restart or reboot your phone.
Change Device ID without Root
- At first, you have to back up your phone.
- Then go to settings.
- Now click on Backup and Reset option.
- Then tap on Factory Data Reset.
- Now you have to reset your phone to get a new device ID.
Advantage and Disadvantage
As we say before change your smartphone’s IMEI number has both advantages and disadvantages. So here we show some advantages and dis advantages here.
- If you change your Android smartphone’s IMEI number then anyone can’t track your phone.
- Once you change your device IMEI number, you can get the same features and specifications.
- By changing the IMEI number you can get too many facilities like resetting, repairing, and updating your smartphone easily.
- If you change your Android IMEI number to BlackBerry then you can subscribe to a cheap mobile plan.
- If you ever lost your phone or anyone theft it then you can’t track it anymore.
- Changing the IMEI number is illegal in some countries. So before change makes sure about it.
- Changing the IMEI number can damage your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we change the IMEI number of our Android devices?
Every smartphone has a unique trackable number called the IMEI number. If you are an Android user and want to know the IMEI number changing methods then you have to follow the processes here. You can change it on the iPhone also.
Can thieves change the IMEI number of smartphones?
Yes, thieves can change the IMEI number of any stolen smartphone. If they changed the number then you can’t track your mobile anymore.
Now changing the IMEI number is so easy and simple now. We hope you read and follow this article carefully. So change your IMEI and device ID easily by applying the methods you like most. But before you apply make sure about advantages and disadvantages also. We hope you like this article. If you face any problem then you can comment on us. Thank you!!